NATIVE SHOES™ x Crayola® #WHATIFWECREATED CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER.
A purchase of Native Shoes™ or Crayola® products or payment, will not increase your chances of winning.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S. STATES,THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADIAN PROVINCES WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE/PROVINCE/TERRITORY AT THETIME OF ENTRY. VOID OUTSIDE CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO, GUAM AND THE US VIRGIN ISLANDS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, THE ENTRANT CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE/THEY IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND TO CLAIM ANY PRIZE HE/SHE/THEY MAY BE ENTITLED TO AND THAT HE/SHE/THEY AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Native Shoes™ and Crayola® #WhatIfWeCreated Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Native Canada Footwear Ltd. (the “Sponsor”) in Vancouver, BC. None of Instagram, Facebook, its shareholders, affiliates, or subsidiaries has offered or sponsored this Contest in any way or shall have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded.
- OVERVIEW/ENTRY PERIODS: The Contest starts on April 27, 2021, at 9:00 A.M. PST and ends on June 4, 2021, at 11:59 P.M. PST (the “Contest Period”). One (1) Grand Prize winner and two (2) Runner-up winners will be selected at the end of the Contest Period from among the eligible entries received by 11:59 p.m. PST on June 4, 2021. The selection of the winner will be conducted within 48 hours of the closing of the Contest Period. Potential Winners will be notified within one day after the drawing.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is offered only to permanent, legal residents of the United States or Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory/state at the time of entry. Entrants must be individual persons and not entities, societies, corporations, businesses or organizations. Despite the foregoing, employees, officers, and directors of the Sponsor and Crayola LLC (“Crayola”), its shareholders, parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, including but not limited to Canada or U.S. residency and age limitations. The Sponsor’s computer shall be the official Contest Period clock.
- HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must fill out all necessary fields on the contest page housed on www.nativeshoes.com/what-if-we-created-contest between April 27th 2021 and May 16th 2021. Entrants will be required to submit their first and last name, email address, their idea in writing and their idea in visual format. The entrant must acknowledge review of the Official Rules and satisfy any opt-in obligations at the time of entry. An entrant may enter only once by properly completing the online entry form. By properly completing the form, the entrant will receive one entry into the prize drawing. Limit of one entry per person. Entrants may win only one prize.
a. Entries will be disqualified if they are submitted late or have invalid email information or other incorrect phone information. Entries will also be disqualified if the entry is not his/her/their/ own original work, if the Entrant does not own all rights, title, and interest (including copyright) to the work or it infringes on any person’s intellectual property
b. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential Contest winner.
c. WINNER SELECTION: The entries will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Promoter and the potential winners will be chosen at the end of the Contest Submission Period based on the score assigned to their Entry Materials based on the following criteria:
i. Will the big idea help the world Live Lightly?
i. Does it incorporate the concepts of Tiny Activism, Kindness To All Kinds, Lighten Up and/or Ask More What Ifs?
ii. Has the big idea been brought to life in an artistic and creative way?
iii. Has the entrant provided a thoughtful and creative explanation for their big idea?
d. Each of the criteria will be provided with a score. The scores for each criterion will be added together for a final score (the “Score”) for the Entry Materials. The entrant with the highest Score will win the Grand Prize. The entrants with the second and third highest Score will each win (1) one Runner Up prize.
e. In the event of a tie based on total Score, the entry with the highest Score on criteria number 1 (as referenced above) will be deemed to be the higher Score.
f. All entrants acknowledge and agree that the judges’ decisions are final and that entrants will not have a right to appeal or dispute the decisions of the judges.
g. Odds of you being selected as a potential winner will depend on the number entries that are received and the caliber and the quality of your Entry Materials, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion with reference to the criteria.
- PERMISSION FOR THE SPONSOR TO USE THE WORK: By entering the Contest, each entrant confirms that:
(a) the Work is his/her/their own original work, that he/she/they owns all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work and that he/she/they has the right to grant the Sponsor permission to use the Work in accordance with these Official Rules;
(b) the Work and the Sponsor’s use of it in accordance with these Official Rules does not infringe the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any person
(c) the Work does not contain any content which is defamatory, libelous, obscene or otherwise unlawful; and
(d) He/she/they has granted the Sponsor permission to use their submission across all Native Shoes marketing and social media channels in accordance with these Official Rules.
4.1 Each entrant grants the Sponsor and CRAYOLA a worldwide, irrevocable licence, free of charge, to publish the Work along with his or her or their name, image, likeness, comments, voice and/or biography, and/or statement regarding any Prizes for publicity and advertising purposes, in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Contest but each entrant acknowledges that the Sponsor is not required to do so.
- PRIZES: There is one Grand Prize available to be won and two Runner Up prizes. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) $4000 USD charitable donation from the Sponsor, one (1) custom piece of artwork from Native Shoes and Crayola® #WhatIfWeCreated muralist, Mason Eve, one (1) pair of Native Shoes™ from the Native Shoes™ x Crayola® collection and one (1) Crayola® prize pack. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $5100 USD. The (2) two Runner Ups will each receive one pair of shoes from the Native Soes x Crayola Collection and one Crayola prize pack with an approximate value of $100 USD. The Sponsor has sole discretion to approve the Charity of choice or to request the winner select from an approved list of charities.
a. The prizes consist of only the items described here. A prize winner may not assign, sell, or otherwise transfer their prize to another person. No cash redemptions will be allowed. No prize substitutions are allowed except at the discretion of the Sponsor or Crayola or as provided herein. Prizes may be substituted by the Sponsor and/or Crayola in the event that they become unavailable due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor and Crayola. The winner will be responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local income taxes resulting from acceptances of their prize.
b. Odds of winning prize depends on the number and quality of entries received in the Contest Period. Quality of entry will be determined by Winner Selection criteria as outlined in Section 3(c).
c. The Sponsor will not be responsible for lost or stolen Prizes.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: The prize winner will be notified via email from email@example.com, with instructions on how to claim the prize. If a potential prize winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept their prize, or if the Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prize winner within five business days of the date of the applicable drawing, or in the event that a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining entries in the applicable drawing pool. The prize winner may be required to furnish proof of identification. Before being declared a prize winner, the potential winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release within three (3) business days from the date of contact from the Sponsor or its representative, or the prize may, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited, and in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining entries in the applicable drawing pool.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic transmission or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for deletion, theft, or destruction of, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, or software; (iv) causes beyond the Sponsor’s’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (vi) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Contests, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize winners; or (vii) cheating or fraud by any entrant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, human, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest without notice. If the Contest is terminated prior to the end date of the Contest Period, the prize for the Contest Period will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received in the Contest Period prior to the date/time of termination. Thereafter, no further drawings will be conducted and no further prizes will be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
- Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Contest and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGH TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Crayola, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective shareholders, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and the officers, directors, and employees of each of the forgoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession, and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to them). By accepting a prize, the winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and Crayola has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any portion thereof.
- DISPUTES/VENUE/GOVERNING LAW: By participating, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claim, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state, or local court, (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to the actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITIY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and constructed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of British Columbia or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of British Columbia.
- In the event that there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, human, or other errors, more than one (1) person is notified as a potential prize winner for the same Contest drawing, a random drawing from among all such notified entrants will be held to determine the actual prize winner. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Although subsequent attempts to enter on a given day may be received, only the first complete entry received from a particular entrant will be eligible; subsequent attempts by the same person to enter, including entries submitted with an alternate email address, will be disqualified.
- WINNERS: A list of prize winners will be published on nativeshoes.com, nativeshoes.com/ca, facebook.com/nativeshoes and instagram.com/nativeshoes.
- SUMMARY: Sponsored and administered by Native Canada Footwear Ltd.™. Instagram and Facebook have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way. No Purchase or payment necessary to enter and will not increase chances of winning. Contest starts April 27, 2021, at 9:00 A.M. PST and ends on June 4, 2021, at 11:59 P.M. PST. Must be a legal U.S. or Canadian resident who is the age of majority in their province/territory/state. Void where prohibited. Enter online at www.nativeshoes.com/what-if-we-created-contest. For full info, including entry dates and details, prize descriptions, and odds of winning, see Official Rules (by which entrants are bound) at www.nativeshoes.com/what-if-we-created-contest